Fall has arrived and I bet your allergies are starting to act up and your eyes are suffering along with your contact lenses. A lot of contact lens wearers go through this discomfort every fall season. Allergies are mostly related to the air quality and allergens that can become adhered to contact lenses. It cases symptoms like itchy and watery eyes. AC Lens has some help tips to get you through the season and its allergy discomforts.
1. Wear eyeglasses more than your contacts. A lot of people hate their glasses but switching to glasses for Fall can help you avoid an allergy attack. Allergens such as pollen and dust often adhere to the thin surfaces of contacts.
2. Clean your contacts in solutions often. Cleaning will keep your contacts free of allergens. If you wear disposable lenses, consider replacing them more often.
3. Keep your eyes moist. Keep irritated eyes moist with artificial tears. The artificial tears will also wash the irritants out of your eyes. Find articial tears and other eye allergy drops at AC Lens.
4. Use cool compresses on your eyes. When your eyes are red and swollen, resist the urge to rub them. Rubbing will make the inflammation worse by spreading around the allergens. A cool, damp compress will help relieve discomfort.
5. See your eye doctor. Your eye doctor can recommend medical products for your particular symptoms. Some products may even help prevent allergy attacks. You should also see your eye doctor to rule out possible poblems that may not be allergy-related.