CIBA Vision Specialty Lenses Discontinued

by admin on June 2, 2011

We have just been advised that CIBA Vision has discontinued production of a lot of their specialty contact lenses.  We are alerting our customers as a service, and have provided below a list of replacement options CIBA Vision considers to have to newer and better technology.

Also in lue of the swiftness of the discontinuation Ciba Vision will soon be providing customers with a Consumer Re-fit Rebate. You can take this rebate to your doctor and get fitted for new lenses. As soon as this rebate becomes available we will let you know.

Discontinued Lenses:

Cibasoft® contact lenses (SoftColors® and Visitint®) AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses Focus® Monthly SoftColors® contact lenses
Cibasoft® Progressive Toric AIR OPTIX® AQUA Multifocal contact lenses DAILIES® Progressives contact lenses AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses as monovision DAILIES® Toric contact lenses as monovision
CSI® Daily Wear Locator Tint AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
CSI® Flexible Wear AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses
CSI® Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors for Light Eyes FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors for Light Eyes® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors Complements® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric ColorBlends® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors Complements® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Hydrocurve® II AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses

Hydrocurve® 3 Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Illusions® DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
O2OPTIX® Custom AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
SoftMate® B AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Torisoft® AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
WildEyes® None

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 69 comments… read them below or add one }

rose.sanford@arlaw.com' Rose Sanford June 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Why were all these contacts discontinued? I am in a real jam as I can’t find contacts in my strength which is a +8.5 (Plus 8.5).

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 2, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Sorry that your lenses have been discontinued. CIBA Vision has decided to focus on their newer technology lenses and discontinue the old so they can provide their customers with the best possible lenses. You’ll have to speak with your doctor about which lenses would be a better replacement for you. Sorry for the inconvenience, however when your ready to re-order visit us on Facebook or Twitter for 10% off your next purchase. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

danibaggio99@hotmail.com' Daniela June 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

OH gosh guys I’ve used durasoft3 colorblends for years now I can’t find it on my strength .Is Ciba looking into manufacturing something similar soon??? Please…

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 8, 2011 at 8:41 am

CIBA Vision suggests you switch to FreshLook ColorBlends contact lenses. However, you’ll need go back to your doctor for a new fitting and talk about what your needs are in a lens. Then they can suggest a new lens for you to try out. Don’t be afraid to try different trial lenses until you find something that works for you.

t.a.bass@shaw.ca' Teresa June 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I have used CSI with locator tint for years.I have tried every disposable brand on the market.They all make my eyes burn, especially when I take them out.Also the csi lenses corrected for my astigmatism as I cannot wear toric lenses. Are they going to come out with another yearly lense ?
Please!

denunzio2@comcast.net' Johnny June 20, 2011 at 11:39 am

I’d love to switch to Freshlooks!
I’d also love for Freshlooks color torics to have a wider range of perscriptions. My “axis” readings are 050 and 150!
I guess no more color lenses for me.

rmena@hotmail.com' Rossi June 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I used Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric ColorBlends® for years and today while visiting my eye doctor, I found out the lenses have been discontnued. I’m willng to use the suggested replacement FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses. However, my doctor told me those lenses are only available for prescriptions up to -4.0 and are not available on high power prescription. My prescription is -6.5. Will this new lenses be available soon in stronger prescriptions?

Thanks

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 20, 2011 at 2:11 pm

The only information we have available from Ciba is discontinued lenses list and their suggested recommendations. When new information becomes available we will be sure to let you know right here on the blog.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm

FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses is not a new lens, and unfortunately we have no information on weather or not they will be adding more powers. As new information become available we’ll let you know right here on the blog.

SoiledPelt@aol.com' Poppy June 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I’ve tried FreshLook lenses before and they were vastly inferior to Durasoft 3 Colors. The colorblends lenses barely change your eye color at all. This is hardly a “replacement” for the D3 Colors. Very disappointed in CIBA, especially after reading on the net about all the FDA warnings and sanctions for poor quality control. Who knows if that that may have led to this decision…

heidiebrahim@hotmail.com' Durasoft Misty Gray June 28, 2011 at 1:22 am

Have they discontinued the durasoft in misty gray as well??? Now what? Whats a good replacement for it?

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 28, 2011 at 8:10 am

They have discontinued all Durasoft lenses. The suggested replacement is Freshlook. You can always try regular contact lenses as well, if you don’t mind giving up the colored contacts.

seeingstar@cox.net' Cindy Borders June 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm

You guys are unbelievable! I CANNOT find any other lens that works with my shape of eye. I have tried every single one of them. Now i’m suffering from eye infections because NOBODY will make a custom extended wear lens. There is one thing a company such as yours should never do; that is mess with someone’s eyesight. Are you trying to make everyone have eye surgery? Very, very disappointed in the entire industry! Glad i’m not the only one suffering!

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 30, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Unfortunately AC Lens has no control over which lenses CooperVision chooses to discontinue, or which ones they choose to manufacture. I would talk to your doctor about what’s right for you in a contact lens. If you’re getting eye infections, maybe switch to wearing glasses until you can get to a doctor.

mitchkaya@gmail.com' Susan July 4, 2011 at 11:52 am

Are there companies in Europe who are still in business? Loyal customers who have been with you for over 15 years are highly disappointed. Freshlook et al are not prescribed for everyone. I believe there is more to this story. Afterall, this company was not hurting for customers or money.

lbentzlpn@yahoo.com' Laura July 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I have just discovered that my lenses are now discontinued (Durasoft 2 Optifit Toric). I am HIGHLY disappointed because those lenses were actually working for me, and my strenth is -11.50, nearly impossible to get! I am extremelty dissatisfied as at this point. I think my only other option is surgery, and I cannot get LASIK because my myopia is so great. It’s going to cost me about $5000 to $8000. This is unbelievable. I was singing the praises of CibaVision for the last few years because it took me about 11 years to find lenses that worked for me. This is terrible.

skyymuffin@gmail.com' Tammy July 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I’ve worn Ciba Durasoft 3 Colors OptiFit Toric for years. It’s bad enough Ciba has flat out lied about why they aren’t making these speciality lenses anymore, but they allowed many customers to order lenses they could not manufacture I waited 3 months when come to find out the FDA shut down the factory in Puerto Rico. I found out by searching online on the FDA’s website would’ve been nice of the Ciba rep. to inform my M.D.’s office. Then to add insult to injury Ciba recommends Colorblends Toric but fails to mention they have also discontinued making a handful of axises including mine. So it’s July and I still can’t find a brand that’s a good fit. I’ve given up on the colors because there aren’t any. The Air Optix are irritating after a few hours my eyes burn. I am waiting on Avaria trials if that doesn’t work any recommendations for me? I’m a flight attendant and I really need a lens that can stay hydrated without drops. I never had problems with the Durasoft 3 lenses. Ciba really blew it big time in my book and it appears I not alone.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather July 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Maybe ask your doctor about Expressions Contact Lenses as a possibility? They are a colored contact lens as well. I don’t know if Expressions offers your prescription but they do have a 55% water content which might help in keeping your eyes moist while flying. Hope that helps.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather July 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Also, I know this helps some people. Ask your doctor if soaking your contact lenses in Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution the night before you wear them will help. It cleans a lot better than just regular contact lens solution and really helps people who are prone to irritation with contacts.

You can read more about this cleaning solution if your interested, here: https://www.aclens.com/Accessories/Solutions-Cleaners/15738/Clear-Care-Cleaning-and-Disinfecting-Solution-2-2-fl-oz.html

maria.perdikis@lmh.org' Maria July 18, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I have worn the Durasoft 3 Opaque Colored Lenses for 20 years and never had a problem. The colors were so vibrant and absolutely beautiful! I wore the aqua the majority of the time but had also tried the sapphire blue, violet an jade green. I cannot tell you how many complements on my eyes I have had through the years.
Upon attempting to order my annual pair of lenses from my optometrist this year, I was notified of the discontinuation of my lenses. My optometrist’s office had a wide range of FDA approved disposable colored lenses for me to try, including the recommended Freshlook Colors and Freshlook Colorblends. Nothing that I tried on even came close to the look of the Durasoft 3 Opaques for dark eyes. I ended up purchasing a six month supply of the Freshlook Colors in blue; however, esthetically, I am not at all happy with them and will probably not purchase them again. I would have been a life-long Durasoft customer and would have been willing to pay a significant amount more for my custom Durasoft Opaques if necessary.
Upon researching colored contact options on the internet, I found several brands that offered a wide variety of beautiful colors; however, I do not believe that any of these were FDA approved. I did come across an optometry practice with offices in both New York City and Beverly Hills that works with their patients in creating custom designed, hand painted FDA approved colored contact lenses. Their website had a before and after photo gallery. The contact lenses were gorgeous; however, this practice requires patients to come to one of their two locations. I would prefer not to travel that far for my contact lenses; however, I am considering it.
I would be elated to find out that Ciba is working on a truly comparable line of custom, annual opaque colored lenses for dark eyes with colors that match the beauty of the Durasoft 3 Opaque Lenses. I am certain that, with proper marketing, the company would have many, many interested customers willing to pay for the quality and look that they receive. I know that I would.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' princess July 24, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I am really upset as well. I used to wear emerald green d3optifit made specifically for astgmatism/dark eyes. There is no other company that makes toric colored contacts that use the dot matrix pattern. Others do hand painting. I received one in the mail and color didnt match my eyes and they also were burning. This is truly one royal disaster. I cant wear clear, i m in the middle of shooting a film..so wat now? my character’s eye color got mutated??? And i cant wear nonastigmatic lens, my astigmatism is a bit high for me to see comfortably without. Anyone out there, please reach out and hand me some help. Please….

inds77@cox.net' Ann Marie July 26, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I can relate to all these comments. I have been wearing Ciba Vision Illusions for many many years and loved the color and comfort. I ordered 3 different type lenses from 2 different places. A bella lense from a company here in the US however they look very fake and after 2 hours of wearing them my eyes began to burn, feel dry (even with lubrication drops) and I had to take them out. I spent the next 3 days without contacts as my eyes were so sore. I ordered another lense out of Brazil called Optycolor and they were beautiful, came in my power, however the diameter measurement was not my 13.8 but a 14.5 and the base curve was also not my Rx. I had the same experience with these as with the Bella’s and then I tried another brand Solotica and again had the same experience. I am at a complete loss. I may have to order a custom lense, but they are very expensive. Anyone had any other experience that can help us out here in the lenseless ocean with any paddles.
Thanks

reina.natewes@gmail.com' Reina July 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

I had an eye injury when I was 11 yrs. old. I have had 4 surgeries in the last 20 years to recover sight in the one eye. No advance doctor could get my sight back. I have a lens implant but my iris is darker in one eye than the other. The Durasoft 3 optifit toric colorblend concealed the discoloration in the one eye and made my eye look normal. I hate the freshlook colors they look fake fake fake!!! They do not conceal my eye the way the Durasoft 3 did. I’m so upset with ciba taking over cause they don’t care about us customers just the $$$$$$. Shame on them!!!!

r_rodriguez@hotmail.com' Richard July 30, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I had worn the D3LT for 20 years. I tried the biofinity – no good. Now I am trying the acuvue oasys. They seem to fit better and are working like the D3LTs.

Good luck!

alondram4@gmail.com' Michelle July 31, 2011 at 9:52 am

Never compare fresh look with durasof 2 opaque colors
The colos is not similar, durability, im very disgust for this
Durasoft is the best lense what happen with this company.. Dont think

Rivera.jessie745@gmail.com' Jessie July 31, 2011 at 10:03 am

Pleaseeee i need other lens durasoft 2 the grey colors and baby blue is beautifull colors
Freshlook is a trash the lense is very fake , no have real colors
Thos company dont think in the customers im very Upset
Pleaseee Bring them back

denunzio2@comcast.net' johnny August 1, 2011 at 8:39 am

Anyone out there familiar with “waicon” contact lenses and a guy named Daniel who sells them?

tashreen@gmail.com' Tash August 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm

same situation here .. used the emerald green for many many years .. I’ve never had a problem ..
And freshlook as a subsitute is a joke .. i bought the gemstone green, its fake and horrible …
I really wish that they’d being back the durasoft :(

diyengar81@yahoo.com' Darling August 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Does anyone care? CIBA is not going to bring them back they said. SO what now? Does anyone have a solution to this? Freshlook green sucks!!!!! I need opaque color toric. Anyone have any options, please please help. What can we do people, does anyone out there have an idea? Can we all do something about this????

dawneve88@aol.com' dawn August 10, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!im so so so mad all these people including myself have found a contact that works for them. i have worn the cibasoft colors for over 5 years they were the best now i have to try all these trial pairs and all i get are red goopy eyes!!!!!!!i hate my glasses i cant see to find them most the time so im out of luck!!!GRRRRRRR…i cant even write this comment anymore cause my eyes are burning so bad!!!!!!!GOODNIGHT!

hes.hali@yahoo.com' hess August 11, 2011 at 6:58 am

I am so upset!!! I have been wearing sultrey gray in NT for 10 years, just to find out that coopervision had discontinued manufacturing these lens…I am so darn disappointed…I used to pay close to $200 for a pair, every 8 months… ;(

maryann.dawson@ymail.com' maryann dawson August 12, 2011 at 8:36 am

What are air optix aqua being replaced with?

sramsey@fmrealty.com' Susan August 13, 2011 at 11:28 am

I have worn the Torisoft for over 20 years with ZERO issues. Now, because Ciba has discontinued this lens, I am working with my doctor to find a different lens for my astimatism. I have tried at least 15 different lenses, and none has fit properly, stayed balanced on my eye, or given me clear vision. I cannot begin to describe how distraught I am. Has anyone had any success with the AirOptix from Ciba? All I want to know is there another product Ciba is making that has the same curve, etc. as the Torisoft???

diyengar81@yahoo.com' two contacts same eyes August 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hey question,
what if i wore a clear toric contacts and then wore a nonprescription freshlook or colorblends on top of the clear? i have tried this before and it fits and isnt uncomfotable. But is it safe to do this on a daily basis?

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather August 16, 2011 at 8:05 am

No you should not be wearing a lens on top of a lens. It could have damaging effects on your eyes.

alondram4@gmail.com' cathy August 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm

durasoft is the best lens in the market
freshlook is a fake lense ,ugly colors, not real colors

Jhonson & Jhonson have one similiar lens is good an the colors is the same but the problem is the curvature

dadidonato@optonline.net' Denise August 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm

How disappointing. I have been using Durasoft 2 for over 20 yrs! A few months ago, I tried changing to a disposable lens, but I could not find one that fit my left eye comfortably. I ended up getting the fresh look and am returning them. I had dry eyes and got stratches from the lenses. My Dr suggested putting drops in my eyes every 15 minutes. I never had any problems in all my years wearing Durasoft, so I started wearing my old Durasoft lenses again.
Any other lens suggestions?

thefloridabrit@hotmail.com' JoAnn August 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

I have been wearing Ciba Visitint lenses for more than twenty years and never had a problem with the lenses or my eyes, wearing them.
Since learning they have been discontinued, my optometrist has been patiently working with me to find a suitable alternative for the last three months, to no avail. We have gone through twelve different trial lenses and between the poor vision and the pain, pressure, redness, migraines etc, I am beyond frustrated.
This decision to discontinue the lenses has changed my life and it now seems I am no longer a candidate for contact lens wear. Despite having an auto immune disease with dry eye, I was always able to wear these lenses. It seems my eyes are rejecting any other material as if it were a foreign object. What a huge impact this is having and so hard to believe there is no replacement that my eyes will tolerate. Very disappointed in Ciba Vision’s decision and sincerely wish they will reverse it.

Klsmrl@Optonline.net' Karen August 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm

It is more than frustrating that Ciba disco’d CSI lenses when there R so many who can only wear these lenses. Its a medical device for goodness sake – they should not simply eliminate with no real replacement…

Their list of lenses to replace is ridiculous – I need an 8.1 dia and NONE of their “replacement lenses” are anywhere close.

Pls advise what to try though I am sure the answer is there are now NO possible lenses… The only one my eye doctor and I could find is Softcon and they re awful. Can’t wear them. Just wasted $100 trying those.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' emerald green August 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Cibe rep,
the freshlook green are a bad replacement to the emerald green color. Freshlook green doesnt even show up. Is there a way you can make some accomodations and make emerald green in spherical contacts?

kim@swalter.com' Kim September 1, 2011 at 10:02 am

I totally agree with everyone! I had been using Natural Touch Baby Blue for about 20 years and received sooo many compliments over the years and then a few months ago I had discovered that they were discontinued and I was devastated. I also worked with my doctor to help me find a lens close to the Natural Touch and could not find anything. I was finally able to settle for Expressions blue, but they are in no way comparable to the old Natural Touch. The color is not the same, but at least they do change your eye color, unlike the FreshLooks! I hated them too, and ordered sooo many colors, but they barely changed my eye color at all. I was used to being able to get contacts every year & paid a lot of money for them and the Expressions are only monthly supplies. Now, I discovered this blog, because I am still searching for a solution and I thought I could try Durasoft 3 Opaques, because I saw it as a suggested option. But NOW I see that they are discontinued too!!! Please let me know if anyone has any other solutions. I have researched the doctor in New York & Beverly Hills too, as noted in an earlier post and I heard they will make a hand painted custom lens, but my doctor said to be careful with that, because sometimes it is very uncomfortable and hard to wear. Any information for options on opaque lenses “that are available and NOT discontinued” would be greatly appreciated.

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

Where are my Durosoft 3 Torics in Baby Blue?!!! I am so so disappointed that you pulled this great product from the market. Those were the perfect lenses for me for years and now they are gone! What is the reason for eliminating so many great products? My doctor replaced them with Freshlook Colorblends Toric and they are nothing compared to the Durosoft 3 Torics. How can your company remove so many popular consumer items all at once and offer such limited choices as replacements? I don’t don’t know if I’m going to keep these Freshlooks–they are sub-par and not worth it. When can we expect some more choices in Toric color lenses?

threecolorsred@hotmail.com' Sandra September 11, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I was surprised to see that they are discontinuing these Durasoft lens. I have been wearing Freshlook Colorblends Toric (the ones they are suggesting to go to) for at least 10 years, and today found out they are no longer going to carry them in my RX. They will only go up til power of -4.00 now (I am -5.00). This is a big change, and the only option I *had* was these Durasoft which are now discontinued too !! They recommend the Freshlook Colorblends Toric but those are no longer going to be made in my RX!!!

What are customers such as myself suppose to go to ? It looks like they have left me without any options, and I can’t believe a company would do something like this. It is ridiculous

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 20, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I am soooooo disappointed, too! I’ve been wearing DPO3, Softmate II, etc., for years and years, in baby blue! I’m so angry. Why would they discontinue a product that EVERYONE is on here raving about? I paid A LOT of money for my baby blues and would gladly pay more! WTH?? BRING THEM BACK, please!!!! I guess I will try the Expressions Colors next. Has anyone tried them? Is there a difference between the Blue and the Blue Topaz??? Nothing will compare to those Durasoft Baby Blue Opagues!!! :*( …… DERN!

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Hi Jodi! I was wearing the Baby Blue Durosoft 3 Torics for years and loved them! I am really upset that they have stopped making them too. Now I’m stick with the Freshllook ColorBlend Toric in Blue and they are so close to my natural eye color that it’s kind of a waste of money. How can we get the company to respond to this tremendous demand for a similar product?

Iarroyo307@yahoo.com' Ivette September 21, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I wore durasoft3 colorblends toric and it’s been 6months first I waited 4months bc they said they were taking long shipping then they tld me they weren’t selling them so I went back were i got my prescription and was goin to order them and they said they were discontinued.. I pay for my prescription for nothing I hve no contacts to wear freshlook doesn’t make my prescription.. I heard people complain the contacts were too thick.. very disappointed but a replacement needs to be made .. you are loosing $$ I hve to use glasses now this sucks!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

Hey Ellen! I know exactly how you are feeling. I’ve even went to the Coopervision website… of course, no response. I have been researching and researching and cannot come up with any similar product. I have an eye appt next week and I’m going to get my doctor to write my prescription and will shop around online (I guess) until I can find a similar color. It’s so disappointing. I, like you and many others, have worn Durasoft for years…. since I was 20, I’m now 45. I heard that there’s not much a demand for extended wear lenses anymore… but I totally disagree. I’m going to try the Expressions, Blue. Coopervision makes those and I hope the blue is close to the baby blue… since its the same manufacturer as the Durasoft lenses. Guess we’ll see….. Please update if you hear anything and I will definitely do the same! I’ll let you know about the Expressions. Also, I have those same lenses you are wearing….. hate ‘em. Didn’t change my blue…. not one bit. Waste of money. Guess they’re okay for a back up lense. I’ve cleaned and cleaned my last two pair of the Durasoft. I’m gonna store them for a rainy day…. I suppose. :( Still sad!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 23, 2011 at 9:35 am

I left a message on the Coopervision.com (contact us)… site. I hope they will respond. If others would go to their site and express their disappointment, maybe they will offer the lenses again, or something similar. Doesn’t hurt to try….. I always hear there’s strength in numbers. All of you, let me know if you hear from them! Blessings for a great day and many days to come!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I left a message on the CIBAvision.com (contact us)… site. I hope they will respond. If others would go to their site and express their disappointment, maybe they will offer the lenses again, or something similar. Doesn’t hurt to try….. I always hear there’s strength in numbers. All of you, let me know if you hear from them! Blessings for a great day and many days to come!

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 23, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Hi Jodi,
I will leave CibaVision a message too. There must be a market for these lenses that they discontinued! Don’t they realize that there are people who are willing to pay twice as much for these? I, too, have been wearing these types of lenses for 30 years and the Baby Blue D3 Torics were the best lenses I’ve eve had. My problem is that I need toric lenses for astigmatism which limits me even more. The only colored lenses available to me are the Durosoft Colorblends. I needed a prescription in one eye that was a tiny bit stronger (0.25) than what they make but I went down that much just so I could have colored lenses. They don’t make those in strengths over -4.00. The current blue in the torics is nothing like the Baby Blue I used to have. It’s dark and boring. It’s crazy that they took multitudes of lenses off the market. Couldn’t they just have one toric colored lens in higher prescriptions and a variety of normal colors? I would venture to say that light blue is probably the most popular color in colored lenses. They don’t have to make 10 different brands–just 1! I will go to the website to complain. If you get more information, please post it.