CIBA Vision Specialty Lenses Discontinued

by admin on June 2, 2011

We have just been advised that CIBA Vision has discontinued production of a lot of their specialty contact lenses.  We are alerting our customers as a service, and have provided below a list of replacement options CIBA Vision considers to have to newer and better technology.

Also in lue of the swiftness of the discontinuation Ciba Vision will soon be providing customers with a Consumer Re-fit Rebate. You can take this rebate to your doctor and get fitted for new lenses. As soon as this rebate becomes available we will let you know.

Discontinued Lenses:

Cibasoft® contact lenses (SoftColors® and Visitint®) AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses Focus® Monthly SoftColors® contact lenses
Cibasoft® Progressive Toric AIR OPTIX® AQUA Multifocal contact lenses DAILIES® Progressives contact lenses AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses as monovision DAILIES® Toric contact lenses as monovision
CSI® Daily Wear Locator Tint AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
CSI® Flexible Wear AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses
CSI® Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors for Light Eyes FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors for Light Eyes® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors Complements® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric ColorBlends® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors Complements® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Hydrocurve® II AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses

Hydrocurve® 3 Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Illusions® DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
O2OPTIX® Custom AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
SoftMate® B AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Torisoft® AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
WildEyes® None

Be Sociable, Share!
marketing@aclens.com'

About

{ 76 comments… read them below or add one }

rose.sanford@arlaw.com' Rose Sanford June 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Why were all these contacts discontinued? I am in a real jam as I can’t find contacts in my strength which is a +8.5 (Plus 8.5).

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 2, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Sorry that your lenses have been discontinued. CIBA Vision has decided to focus on their newer technology lenses and discontinue the old so they can provide their customers with the best possible lenses. You’ll have to speak with your doctor about which lenses would be a better replacement for you. Sorry for the inconvenience, however when your ready to re-order visit us on Facebook or Twitter for 10% off your next purchase. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

danibaggio99@hotmail.com' Daniela June 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

OH gosh guys I’ve used durasoft3 colorblends for years now I can’t find it on my strength .Is Ciba looking into manufacturing something similar soon??? Please…

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 8, 2011 at 8:41 am

CIBA Vision suggests you switch to FreshLook ColorBlends contact lenses. However, you’ll need go back to your doctor for a new fitting and talk about what your needs are in a lens. Then they can suggest a new lens for you to try out. Don’t be afraid to try different trial lenses until you find something that works for you.

t.a.bass@shaw.ca' Teresa June 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I have used CSI with locator tint for years.I have tried every disposable brand on the market.They all make my eyes burn, especially when I take them out.Also the csi lenses corrected for my astigmatism as I cannot wear toric lenses. Are they going to come out with another yearly lense ?
Please!

denunzio2@comcast.net' Johnny June 20, 2011 at 11:39 am

I’d love to switch to Freshlooks!
I’d also love for Freshlooks color torics to have a wider range of perscriptions. My “axis” readings are 050 and 150!
I guess no more color lenses for me.

rmena@hotmail.com' Rossi June 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I used Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric ColorBlends® for years and today while visiting my eye doctor, I found out the lenses have been discontnued. I’m willng to use the suggested replacement FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses. However, my doctor told me those lenses are only available for prescriptions up to -4.0 and are not available on high power prescription. My prescription is -6.5. Will this new lenses be available soon in stronger prescriptions?

Thanks

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 20, 2011 at 2:11 pm

The only information we have available from Ciba is discontinued lenses list and their suggested recommendations. When new information becomes available we will be sure to let you know right here on the blog.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm

FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses is not a new lens, and unfortunately we have no information on weather or not they will be adding more powers. As new information become available we’ll let you know right here on the blog.

SoiledPelt@aol.com' Poppy June 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I’ve tried FreshLook lenses before and they were vastly inferior to Durasoft 3 Colors. The colorblends lenses barely change your eye color at all. This is hardly a “replacement” for the D3 Colors. Very disappointed in CIBA, especially after reading on the net about all the FDA warnings and sanctions for poor quality control. Who knows if that that may have led to this decision…

heidiebrahim@hotmail.com' Durasoft Misty Gray June 28, 2011 at 1:22 am

Have they discontinued the durasoft in misty gray as well??? Now what? Whats a good replacement for it?

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 28, 2011 at 8:10 am

They have discontinued all Durasoft lenses. The suggested replacement is Freshlook. You can always try regular contact lenses as well, if you don’t mind giving up the colored contacts.

seeingstar@cox.net' Cindy Borders June 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm

You guys are unbelievable! I CANNOT find any other lens that works with my shape of eye. I have tried every single one of them. Now i’m suffering from eye infections because NOBODY will make a custom extended wear lens. There is one thing a company such as yours should never do; that is mess with someone’s eyesight. Are you trying to make everyone have eye surgery? Very, very disappointed in the entire industry! Glad i’m not the only one suffering!

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather June 30, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Unfortunately AC Lens has no control over which lenses CooperVision chooses to discontinue, or which ones they choose to manufacture. I would talk to your doctor about what’s right for you in a contact lens. If you’re getting eye infections, maybe switch to wearing glasses until you can get to a doctor.

mitchkaya@gmail.com' Susan July 4, 2011 at 11:52 am

Are there companies in Europe who are still in business? Loyal customers who have been with you for over 15 years are highly disappointed. Freshlook et al are not prescribed for everyone. I believe there is more to this story. Afterall, this company was not hurting for customers or money.

lbentzlpn@yahoo.com' Laura July 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I have just discovered that my lenses are now discontinued (Durasoft 2 Optifit Toric). I am HIGHLY disappointed because those lenses were actually working for me, and my strenth is -11.50, nearly impossible to get! I am extremelty dissatisfied as at this point. I think my only other option is surgery, and I cannot get LASIK because my myopia is so great. It’s going to cost me about $5000 to $8000. This is unbelievable. I was singing the praises of CibaVision for the last few years because it took me about 11 years to find lenses that worked for me. This is terrible.

skyymuffin@gmail.com' Tammy July 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I’ve worn Ciba Durasoft 3 Colors OptiFit Toric for years. It’s bad enough Ciba has flat out lied about why they aren’t making these speciality lenses anymore, but they allowed many customers to order lenses they could not manufacture I waited 3 months when come to find out the FDA shut down the factory in Puerto Rico. I found out by searching online on the FDA’s website would’ve been nice of the Ciba rep. to inform my M.D.’s office. Then to add insult to injury Ciba recommends Colorblends Toric but fails to mention they have also discontinued making a handful of axises including mine. So it’s July and I still can’t find a brand that’s a good fit. I’ve given up on the colors because there aren’t any. The Air Optix are irritating after a few hours my eyes burn. I am waiting on Avaria trials if that doesn’t work any recommendations for me? I’m a flight attendant and I really need a lens that can stay hydrated without drops. I never had problems with the Durasoft 3 lenses. Ciba really blew it big time in my book and it appears I not alone.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather July 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Maybe ask your doctor about Expressions Contact Lenses as a possibility? They are a colored contact lens as well. I don’t know if Expressions offers your prescription but they do have a 55% water content which might help in keeping your eyes moist while flying. Hope that helps.

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather July 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Also, I know this helps some people. Ask your doctor if soaking your contact lenses in Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution the night before you wear them will help. It cleans a lot better than just regular contact lens solution and really helps people who are prone to irritation with contacts.

You can read more about this cleaning solution if your interested, here: https://www.aclens.com/Accessories/Solutions-Cleaners/15738/Clear-Care-Cleaning-and-Disinfecting-Solution-2-2-fl-oz.html

maria.perdikis@lmh.org' Maria July 18, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I have worn the Durasoft 3 Opaque Colored Lenses for 20 years and never had a problem. The colors were so vibrant and absolutely beautiful! I wore the aqua the majority of the time but had also tried the sapphire blue, violet an jade green. I cannot tell you how many complements on my eyes I have had through the years.
Upon attempting to order my annual pair of lenses from my optometrist this year, I was notified of the discontinuation of my lenses. My optometrist’s office had a wide range of FDA approved disposable colored lenses for me to try, including the recommended Freshlook Colors and Freshlook Colorblends. Nothing that I tried on even came close to the look of the Durasoft 3 Opaques for dark eyes. I ended up purchasing a six month supply of the Freshlook Colors in blue; however, esthetically, I am not at all happy with them and will probably not purchase them again. I would have been a life-long Durasoft customer and would have been willing to pay a significant amount more for my custom Durasoft Opaques if necessary.
Upon researching colored contact options on the internet, I found several brands that offered a wide variety of beautiful colors; however, I do not believe that any of these were FDA approved. I did come across an optometry practice with offices in both New York City and Beverly Hills that works with their patients in creating custom designed, hand painted FDA approved colored contact lenses. Their website had a before and after photo gallery. The contact lenses were gorgeous; however, this practice requires patients to come to one of their two locations. I would prefer not to travel that far for my contact lenses; however, I am considering it.
I would be elated to find out that Ciba is working on a truly comparable line of custom, annual opaque colored lenses for dark eyes with colors that match the beauty of the Durasoft 3 Opaque Lenses. I am certain that, with proper marketing, the company would have many, many interested customers willing to pay for the quality and look that they receive. I know that I would.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' princess July 24, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I am really upset as well. I used to wear emerald green d3optifit made specifically for astgmatism/dark eyes. There is no other company that makes toric colored contacts that use the dot matrix pattern. Others do hand painting. I received one in the mail and color didnt match my eyes and they also were burning. This is truly one royal disaster. I cant wear clear, i m in the middle of shooting a film..so wat now? my character’s eye color got mutated??? And i cant wear nonastigmatic lens, my astigmatism is a bit high for me to see comfortably without. Anyone out there, please reach out and hand me some help. Please….

inds77@cox.net' Ann Marie July 26, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I can relate to all these comments. I have been wearing Ciba Vision Illusions for many many years and loved the color and comfort. I ordered 3 different type lenses from 2 different places. A bella lense from a company here in the US however they look very fake and after 2 hours of wearing them my eyes began to burn, feel dry (even with lubrication drops) and I had to take them out. I spent the next 3 days without contacts as my eyes were so sore. I ordered another lense out of Brazil called Optycolor and they were beautiful, came in my power, however the diameter measurement was not my 13.8 but a 14.5 and the base curve was also not my Rx. I had the same experience with these as with the Bella’s and then I tried another brand Solotica and again had the same experience. I am at a complete loss. I may have to order a custom lense, but they are very expensive. Anyone had any other experience that can help us out here in the lenseless ocean with any paddles.
Thanks

reina.natewes@gmail.com' Reina July 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

I had an eye injury when I was 11 yrs. old. I have had 4 surgeries in the last 20 years to recover sight in the one eye. No advance doctor could get my sight back. I have a lens implant but my iris is darker in one eye than the other. The Durasoft 3 optifit toric colorblend concealed the discoloration in the one eye and made my eye look normal. I hate the freshlook colors they look fake fake fake!!! They do not conceal my eye the way the Durasoft 3 did. I’m so upset with ciba taking over cause they don’t care about us customers just the $$$$$$. Shame on them!!!!

r_rodriguez@hotmail.com' Richard July 30, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I had worn the D3LT for 20 years. I tried the biofinity – no good. Now I am trying the acuvue oasys. They seem to fit better and are working like the D3LTs.

Good luck!

alondram4@gmail.com' Michelle July 31, 2011 at 9:52 am

Never compare fresh look with durasof 2 opaque colors
The colos is not similar, durability, im very disgust for this
Durasoft is the best lense what happen with this company.. Dont think

Rivera.jessie745@gmail.com' Jessie July 31, 2011 at 10:03 am

Pleaseeee i need other lens durasoft 2 the grey colors and baby blue is beautifull colors
Freshlook is a trash the lense is very fake , no have real colors
Thos company dont think in the customers im very Upset
Pleaseee Bring them back

denunzio2@comcast.net' johnny August 1, 2011 at 8:39 am

Anyone out there familiar with “waicon” contact lenses and a guy named Daniel who sells them?

tashreen@gmail.com' Tash August 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm

same situation here .. used the emerald green for many many years .. I’ve never had a problem ..
And freshlook as a subsitute is a joke .. i bought the gemstone green, its fake and horrible …
I really wish that they’d being back the durasoft :(

diyengar81@yahoo.com' Darling August 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Does anyone care? CIBA is not going to bring them back they said. SO what now? Does anyone have a solution to this? Freshlook green sucks!!!!! I need opaque color toric. Anyone have any options, please please help. What can we do people, does anyone out there have an idea? Can we all do something about this????

dawneve88@aol.com' dawn August 10, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!im so so so mad all these people including myself have found a contact that works for them. i have worn the cibasoft colors for over 5 years they were the best now i have to try all these trial pairs and all i get are red goopy eyes!!!!!!!i hate my glasses i cant see to find them most the time so im out of luck!!!GRRRRRRR…i cant even write this comment anymore cause my eyes are burning so bad!!!!!!!GOODNIGHT!

hes.hali@yahoo.com' hess August 11, 2011 at 6:58 am

I am so upset!!! I have been wearing sultrey gray in NT for 10 years, just to find out that coopervision had discontinued manufacturing these lens…I am so darn disappointed…I used to pay close to $200 for a pair, every 8 months… ;(

maryann.dawson@ymail.com' maryann dawson August 12, 2011 at 8:36 am

What are air optix aqua being replaced with?

sramsey@fmrealty.com' Susan August 13, 2011 at 11:28 am

I have worn the Torisoft for over 20 years with ZERO issues. Now, because Ciba has discontinued this lens, I am working with my doctor to find a different lens for my astimatism. I have tried at least 15 different lenses, and none has fit properly, stayed balanced on my eye, or given me clear vision. I cannot begin to describe how distraught I am. Has anyone had any success with the AirOptix from Ciba? All I want to know is there another product Ciba is making that has the same curve, etc. as the Torisoft???

diyengar81@yahoo.com' two contacts same eyes August 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hey question,
what if i wore a clear toric contacts and then wore a nonprescription freshlook or colorblends on top of the clear? i have tried this before and it fits and isnt uncomfotable. But is it safe to do this on a daily basis?

hgreynolds@aclenscorp.com' AC Lens Heather August 16, 2011 at 8:05 am

No you should not be wearing a lens on top of a lens. It could have damaging effects on your eyes.

alondram4@gmail.com' cathy August 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm

durasoft is the best lens in the market
freshlook is a fake lense ,ugly colors, not real colors

Jhonson & Jhonson have one similiar lens is good an the colors is the same but the problem is the curvature

dadidonato@optonline.net' Denise August 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm

How disappointing. I have been using Durasoft 2 for over 20 yrs! A few months ago, I tried changing to a disposable lens, but I could not find one that fit my left eye comfortably. I ended up getting the fresh look and am returning them. I had dry eyes and got stratches from the lenses. My Dr suggested putting drops in my eyes every 15 minutes. I never had any problems in all my years wearing Durasoft, so I started wearing my old Durasoft lenses again.
Any other lens suggestions?

thefloridabrit@hotmail.com' JoAnn August 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

I have been wearing Ciba Visitint lenses for more than twenty years and never had a problem with the lenses or my eyes, wearing them.
Since learning they have been discontinued, my optometrist has been patiently working with me to find a suitable alternative for the last three months, to no avail. We have gone through twelve different trial lenses and between the poor vision and the pain, pressure, redness, migraines etc, I am beyond frustrated.
This decision to discontinue the lenses has changed my life and it now seems I am no longer a candidate for contact lens wear. Despite having an auto immune disease with dry eye, I was always able to wear these lenses. It seems my eyes are rejecting any other material as if it were a foreign object. What a huge impact this is having and so hard to believe there is no replacement that my eyes will tolerate. Very disappointed in Ciba Vision’s decision and sincerely wish they will reverse it.

Klsmrl@Optonline.net' Karen August 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm

It is more than frustrating that Ciba disco’d CSI lenses when there R so many who can only wear these lenses. Its a medical device for goodness sake – they should not simply eliminate with no real replacement…

Their list of lenses to replace is ridiculous – I need an 8.1 dia and NONE of their “replacement lenses” are anywhere close.

Pls advise what to try though I am sure the answer is there are now NO possible lenses… The only one my eye doctor and I could find is Softcon and they re awful. Can’t wear them. Just wasted $100 trying those.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' emerald green August 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Cibe rep,
the freshlook green are a bad replacement to the emerald green color. Freshlook green doesnt even show up. Is there a way you can make some accomodations and make emerald green in spherical contacts?

kim@swalter.com' Kim September 1, 2011 at 10:02 am

I totally agree with everyone! I had been using Natural Touch Baby Blue for about 20 years and received sooo many compliments over the years and then a few months ago I had discovered that they were discontinued and I was devastated. I also worked with my doctor to help me find a lens close to the Natural Touch and could not find anything. I was finally able to settle for Expressions blue, but they are in no way comparable to the old Natural Touch. The color is not the same, but at least they do change your eye color, unlike the FreshLooks! I hated them too, and ordered sooo many colors, but they barely changed my eye color at all. I was used to being able to get contacts every year & paid a lot of money for them and the Expressions are only monthly supplies. Now, I discovered this blog, because I am still searching for a solution and I thought I could try Durasoft 3 Opaques, because I saw it as a suggested option. But NOW I see that they are discontinued too!!! Please let me know if anyone has any other solutions. I have researched the doctor in New York & Beverly Hills too, as noted in an earlier post and I heard they will make a hand painted custom lens, but my doctor said to be careful with that, because sometimes it is very uncomfortable and hard to wear. Any information for options on opaque lenses “that are available and NOT discontinued” would be greatly appreciated.

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

Where are my Durosoft 3 Torics in Baby Blue?!!! I am so so disappointed that you pulled this great product from the market. Those were the perfect lenses for me for years and now they are gone! What is the reason for eliminating so many great products? My doctor replaced them with Freshlook Colorblends Toric and they are nothing compared to the Durosoft 3 Torics. How can your company remove so many popular consumer items all at once and offer such limited choices as replacements? I don’t don’t know if I’m going to keep these Freshlooks–they are sub-par and not worth it. When can we expect some more choices in Toric color lenses?

threecolorsred@hotmail.com' Sandra September 11, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I was surprised to see that they are discontinuing these Durasoft lens. I have been wearing Freshlook Colorblends Toric (the ones they are suggesting to go to) for at least 10 years, and today found out they are no longer going to carry them in my RX. They will only go up til power of -4.00 now (I am -5.00). This is a big change, and the only option I *had* was these Durasoft which are now discontinued too !! They recommend the Freshlook Colorblends Toric but those are no longer going to be made in my RX!!!

What are customers such as myself suppose to go to ? It looks like they have left me without any options, and I can’t believe a company would do something like this. It is ridiculous

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 20, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I am soooooo disappointed, too! I’ve been wearing DPO3, Softmate II, etc., for years and years, in baby blue! I’m so angry. Why would they discontinue a product that EVERYONE is on here raving about? I paid A LOT of money for my baby blues and would gladly pay more! WTH?? BRING THEM BACK, please!!!! I guess I will try the Expressions Colors next. Has anyone tried them? Is there a difference between the Blue and the Blue Topaz??? Nothing will compare to those Durasoft Baby Blue Opagues!!! :*( …… DERN!

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Hi Jodi! I was wearing the Baby Blue Durosoft 3 Torics for years and loved them! I am really upset that they have stopped making them too. Now I’m stick with the Freshllook ColorBlend Toric in Blue and they are so close to my natural eye color that it’s kind of a waste of money. How can we get the company to respond to this tremendous demand for a similar product?

Iarroyo307@yahoo.com' Ivette September 21, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I wore durasoft3 colorblends toric and it’s been 6months first I waited 4months bc they said they were taking long shipping then they tld me they weren’t selling them so I went back were i got my prescription and was goin to order them and they said they were discontinued.. I pay for my prescription for nothing I hve no contacts to wear freshlook doesn’t make my prescription.. I heard people complain the contacts were too thick.. very disappointed but a replacement needs to be made .. you are loosing $$ I hve to use glasses now this sucks!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

Hey Ellen! I know exactly how you are feeling. I’ve even went to the Coopervision website… of course, no response. I have been researching and researching and cannot come up with any similar product. I have an eye appt next week and I’m going to get my doctor to write my prescription and will shop around online (I guess) until I can find a similar color. It’s so disappointing. I, like you and many others, have worn Durasoft for years…. since I was 20, I’m now 45. I heard that there’s not much a demand for extended wear lenses anymore… but I totally disagree. I’m going to try the Expressions, Blue. Coopervision makes those and I hope the blue is close to the baby blue… since its the same manufacturer as the Durasoft lenses. Guess we’ll see….. Please update if you hear anything and I will definitely do the same! I’ll let you know about the Expressions. Also, I have those same lenses you are wearing….. hate ’em. Didn’t change my blue…. not one bit. Waste of money. Guess they’re okay for a back up lense. I’ve cleaned and cleaned my last two pair of the Durasoft. I’m gonna store them for a rainy day…. I suppose. :( Still sad!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 23, 2011 at 9:35 am

I left a message on the Coopervision.com (contact us)… site. I hope they will respond. If others would go to their site and express their disappointment, maybe they will offer the lenses again, or something similar. Doesn’t hurt to try….. I always hear there’s strength in numbers. All of you, let me know if you hear from them! Blessings for a great day and many days to come!

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl September 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I left a message on the CIBAvision.com (contact us)… site. I hope they will respond. If others would go to their site and express their disappointment, maybe they will offer the lenses again, or something similar. Doesn’t hurt to try….. I always hear there’s strength in numbers. All of you, let me know if you hear from them! Blessings for a great day and many days to come!

elfrancis@aol.com' Ellen September 23, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Hi Jodi,
I will leave CibaVision a message too. There must be a market for these lenses that they discontinued! Don’t they realize that there are people who are willing to pay twice as much for these? I, too, have been wearing these types of lenses for 30 years and the Baby Blue D3 Torics were the best lenses I’ve eve had. My problem is that I need toric lenses for astigmatism which limits me even more. The only colored lenses available to me are the Durosoft Colorblends. I needed a prescription in one eye that was a tiny bit stronger (0.25) than what they make but I went down that much just so I could have colored lenses. They don’t make those in strengths over -4.00. The current blue in the torics is nothing like the Baby Blue I used to have. It’s dark and boring. It’s crazy that they took multitudes of lenses off the market. Couldn’t they just have one toric colored lens in higher prescriptions and a variety of normal colors? I would venture to say that light blue is probably the most popular color in colored lenses. They don’t have to make 10 different brands–just 1! I will go to the website to complain. If you get more information, please post it.

shalonpalmer@ymail.com' Shalon September 26, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Help!!!! I feel the same as all of you!!!! I have been wearing Durasoft 3 opaque blue contacts for 24 years….I am 41 and have been wearing them since I was 17….
I looked 2 years ago to find an alternative non-extended wear….when these went MTO with my eye doctor in agreement that nothing else fit my eye or looked as good as these.
Now I am forced to find something else….what the heck…I am SOOOO upset. I was happy as a clam for 24 years….I paid near $400 for my last pair of MTO just to get them…..now I can’t even get them.

HELP any suggestions??
What color & brand have people found to replace these??

kim@swalter.com' Kim September 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hi Jodi, As I had posted on September 1st, I never tried the lenses you guys are all raving about and I wanted to try them, since they discontinued my favorite lenses – Natural Touch in Baby Blue. They were extended wear also and very expensive. I found this site and discovered that the Durasoft were discontinued too!!! I tried the different Freshlooks and they were terrible. I finally found Expressions and had to settle for them, but they are not the same as my Natural Touch lenses, also made by Coopervision. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that if you are going to try the Expressions, then the Blue is better than the Blue Topaz, but it does depend on your eye color. I am sooo upset over these companies not making all of our favorite lenses anymore and I will also leave a message on the Coopervision site. Please let me know if you find out anything at all and everyone else, please do the same.

kbs1009@aol.com' kim October 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi Jodi, I wanted to let you know that I have the Expressions Blue & they are the best I could find, but still not like my original Natural Touch Baby Blue lenses. I noted everything in a previous post on September 1st. I paid a lot of money for my Natural Touch extended wear lenses and Coopervision discontinued them, as well. I was searching for other options & found this site, only to discover that the Durasoft Colors were discontinued too. I was devastated. I tried the Freshlook in all colors and they are nothing like my original Natural Touch Baby Blues. I finally settled for the Expressions Blue and I think they are better than the Topaz Blue (which I tried too); but it does depend on your eye color. I will also leave a message on the Coopervision site. This is so disappointing for all of us and maybe they will do something about it, if we all keep annoying them! Please let me know if you or anyone else finds any information about the Durasoft Color lenses or any other possibilities and hopefully, we will all be able to find something that is actually comparable very soon. Fingers crossed and Good Luck to everyone :-)

go1dengir1@yahoo.com' desperado October 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Guys,
Should we start a petition or something? Like a Facebook page or somethingelse? We need these contacts. They not only come in desirable colors, but also are thin and comfortable, and there is no other company in this massive technology-foward country that makes them. They can do heart transplants fine, but cant make a pair of contacts. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!! We, the people affected, must fight for this. What can we do, pls brainstorm and share some ideas.

nsur90@cs.com' Donna October 16, 2011 at 10:06 am

I wore the Cibasoft Softcolors for over 20 yrs. and now they’re discontinued. I really liked the thinness and the colors Royal Blue and Aqua in BC 8.3 Dia 13.8. Now I can’t find anything in comparable colors and in the base curve or diamenter that I need. Does anyone know of anything? Thank you!

chelseastore@hotmail.com' Devon Cifarelli October 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Help…I have been wearing the blue illusions for many years, and in my opinion, they are the only ones that look real. All the others, you can see the pupil through. I have dark brown eyes….Any help would be great ! THANKS p.s. ciba illusions are discontinued :(

joao_vilhena@yahoo.com' Pete October 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Well, it sucks. I used Elegance blue – discontinued. I changed for Natural Colours Baby Blue- discontinued. I went for Illusions Soft Blue- discontinued. I used color contacts since a teen..so in my 30’s now, and being a model, all my portfolio are in jeopardy. This is not like any other product to be discontinued like this. People used it for medical reasons and as something that builds with their identity. It really sucks that you need to change the way you look for worst just because. I don’t know any lenses in the market that can even be as good as the ones I mentioned. And a lot of people think the same. The manufacturer should be sued for tampering with us. Any lawyer interested in the house? cannesp@yahoo.com

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl October 31, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hey Ellen and Ivette…. I found this site…. don’t know if they will kick it back (discontinued)… but we’ll see….. contactlensemall.com ….. good luck.

d.colao@comcsat.net' Dan November 3, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I have worn the durasoft lenses for close to 20 yrs and nothing fits as well or provides the visual clarity that these lenses did. I am really surprised they shut down immediately and didn’t even provide customers the option of making one last order and stocking up. I am sure most people who find a lens they really like are inelastic to price and I can’t understand why this would not be a proftable line for them. They have a virtual monopoly on their client base. Maybe if more people complain then we can get them to change their mind. I encourage you to email their executive team directly.

angie_wellwish@yahoo.com' angie November 13, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I HATE that these contacts are no longer available! After much research I’ve found fxeyes dot com to be not only the closest replacement but ONLY FDA approved ones. They are EXPENSIVE but what are ya gonna do? Also I liked hidrocor-mel? from brazil but not FDA approved and I wear contacts all day to take a risk like that.

shaunahlove@gmail.com' Shaunah December 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I started a petition…hopefully Ciba Vision will look at it and realize that we want our contacts back!! Like my facebook page “bring back discontinued contact lenses” and sign the petition!! :) It’s worth a shot right?

Petition

Facebook Page

mmckinney0507@yahoo.com' MM February 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I hate the fact the manufacturer discontinued the best product they have. They state they have new technology, well durasoft is and was the only contact that fit my eye correctly and I have never had a problem with them. All the others I’ve tried are horrible, the colors don’t even enhance the eye good and do not look natural.
so now what?? HelP. I’m continuing on my search for a better product for months but no luck.

meylonnparker@yahoo.com' Meylonn April 30, 2012 at 11:58 am

I been wearing emerald green for 15 years and now that they discontinued i can’t find any other company that has those. I wish they will continue the color and my prescription.

fetadainc@yahoo.com' Jewel May 7, 2012 at 9:38 am

By the end of the week I may have some good news for you guys. I’m going to pick up my contacts that have come in after 8 weeks. The first waiting period was for 4 weeks. Needless to say they were not the correct lenses. The iris ring was missing.

My Doctor’s Office contact the the Rep and was told that another company purchased the patent for the Durasoft lenses. The order was placed and I’m excited about the end result.

I’ll keep you posted when I make it to pick up my new lenses.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' emeral green queen May 14, 2012 at 10:56 am

I want my emerald green d3 toric contacts back!!!!!! I have been searching for more than a year now, and I cant find anything that fits me well. The d3 provided much comfort for my eyes; i could wear them long hours and were the best lens ever!!! And not to mention, nothing compares to the color. WE WANT OUR CONTACTS BACK. PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! WE ARE READY TO MAKE A PURCHASE!!!!

BRING BACK EMERALD GREEN D3 TORIC!!!!!!!

bumann1@sbcglobal.net' Rossana Bumann January 9, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Freshlook Radiance EDEN

PLEASE! I need the freshlook Radiance EDEN .

rahamim75@hotmail.com' Debbie June 27, 2013 at 9:23 am

have there been any new contacts released? I am looking for colored contacts for a very bad rx. -7, -2, 175 and -6, -1.5, and 20

ransom1953@gmail.com' Richard Beman July 8, 2013 at 11:26 am

I am in such a “visual dilemma”. I wore CSI lenses for years and had
achieved very good vision with them. For “fun” I would wear the
“Natural touch” lenses and I was never self conscious wearing them
due to the fact they looked believable, the comfort was great and the
vision was good. I finally switched the the “Focus Monthly” and was
very happy with them. Now those have been discontinued. The “fresh-Look ” colors are not bad, but they give me a headache ( pupil size too small) and they feel gritty well before the two week replacement period. Despite all the “hype” Doctors have given me,
I have not found any lens that has given me decent vision or comfort. I don’t know what others have done, I presume this is why
the Lasik procedures have increased. This has opened up an entire field of expensive contact lens fitting, due to the failure of Lasik. I feel the only option is to use RGP gas permeable lenses and deal with reduced wearing time and wear eyeglasses more. Gone are the days when I could wake up, put my lenses in and go about my day. Now I am constantly aware that my vision is not great and find it irritating that companies have not been more compassionate toward patient issues.
Regards, Richard Ransom Beman

ddna201@hotmail.com' DD December 4, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I am sooooooooo upset!! SO PEOPLE WITH ASTIGMATISM CAN’T WEAR COLORED CONTACTS???? THIS IS SO ABSURD!!! Plain Jane with clear contacts???!! I wear yellow and green glasses for crying out loud, no plain glasses so why the heck am I going to wear clear contacts now?? So disappointed and livid!!!

islandred76@hotmail.com' Brittany April 17, 2014 at 9:09 am

I have been searching for contacts since my Focus Toric ones were discontinued and still to this day have not found any that are as sharp as the ones I had for so many years. I have moved and now seen a total of 3 doctors that all say there is nothing more they can do. I really miss my old ones and wish there was a way I could get them back. it is extreemly hard for me to see the way I used to.

carli.13670@videotron.ca' Lisette Carocchia April 27, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I have been advised by my optometrist that the contact lenses I have been waring for years are to be discontinued shortly and that they cannot get them anymore.
The lenses I used are: Ciba Vision, Softcolors, Focus monthly lenses, FreshLook Dimensions. Color: Evergreen. Is this true? I would like a reply as soon as possible as I do not want to change lenses and/or optometrist to find out later that what I have been told is a lie… HELP! PLEASE!

Beth Cale April 29, 2014 at 3:12 pm

We’re sorry to hear that! Were you wearing the Focus Toric Monthly contact lenses that were discontinued? You may try asking your doctor about the Focus Toric Dailies. They come in a 30 pack and a 90 pack.

30 Pack: http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=243

90 Pack: http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=324

Beth Cale April 29, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Hello! We have not gotten any feedback that the Focus SoftColors Monthly or FreshLook Dimensions have been discontinued; however, the Focus SoftColors 1-2 Week lenses were discontinued. Focus SoftColors Monthly are the only lenses that offer the Evergreen color. FreshLook Dimensions currently come in Carribean Aqua, Pacific Blue, and Sea Green.

You can still purchase Focus SoftColors Monthly in Evergreen here: http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=108

myquans27@gmail.com' ann Holliday June 29, 2014 at 7:51 am

I think that this company want to take away what works for the people eyes. I have never had a problem until I wore accu-view oasis and something called air optix . these products are made of a chemical that my your eyes very unhealthy. example of this is cornea ulcers, scarring, redness etc……. wake up people research the chemical these companies use its probably something other companies have banned from using in their companies.

ygurbuz@helveco.net' yelda August 6, 2014 at 7:52 am

Hi!
I have worn the illusions contacts almost 20 years and nothing fits as well or provides the visual clarity.
illusions soft blue was my fav contacts…it was the most realistic looking soft blue in all lighting conditions.
There is NO lens which can compare….Illusions have a opaque iris grid with a transclucent tint over top….and agreed…it covered up the brown eye totally…

I tried all other options (sophistic ,freshlook etc )the closest comparison to color effect (not tint technology) are the solotica lenses but they are not confortible lıke illusions.

ı really can not understand why they are dıscontınued and ı am very angry with manufacturer of them .! Pls don’t reply by saying “we have different optıons ”
they all are like fake doll eyes :(very bad .they don’t cover brown part .Pls offer us the most similar ,namely high qualıty and natural contacts with same color effect :(

OR IS THAT POSSIBLE TO PRODUCE THEM FOR ADDICTED PEOPLE LIKE ME WITH A HIGHER PRICE .WE CAN AFFORD IT

Beth Cale August 8, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Hello! We are really sorry to hear how frustrating it has been for you to find a lens to replace the Illusions. Many of our customers loved this lens as well, and it seems that a lot of people are having the same issue.

We understand that you did not want to hear about other options, but we thought that maybe you had not considered cosmetic contacts (such as those found here: http://www.aclens.com/cosmetic-fashion-contact-lenses.asp) which should fully cover the brown part of your eye. Air Optix also just came out with a colored contact lens that you may want to consider, if you have not seen it yet (find it here: http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=571). A woman in our office wears them and thinks they cover the brown well. You would, of course, still need to get a prescription for these from your eye doctor.

Hope we were able to help you!