CIBA Vision Specialty Lenses Discontinued

by admin on June 2, 2011

We have just been advised that CIBA Vision has discontinued production of a lot of their specialty contact lenses.  We are alerting our customers as a service, and have provided below a list of replacement options CIBA Vision considers to have to newer and better technology.

Also in lue of the swiftness of the discontinuation Ciba Vision will soon be providing customers with a Consumer Re-fit Rebate. You can take this rebate to your doctor and get fitted for new lenses. As soon as this rebate becomes available we will let you know.

Discontinued Lenses:

Cibasoft® contact lenses (SoftColors® and Visitint®) AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses Focus® Monthly SoftColors® contact lenses
Cibasoft® Progressive Toric AIR OPTIX® AQUA Multifocal contact lenses DAILIES® Progressives contact lenses AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses as monovision DAILIES® Toric contact lenses as monovision
CSI® Daily Wear Locator Tint AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
CSI® Flexible Wear AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses
CSI® Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Colors for Light Eyes FreshLook Dimensions® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 2 Optifit® Toric Colors for Light Eyes® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 LiteTint® AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 ColorBlends® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors FreshLook Colors® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Colors Complements® FreshLook ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Handling Tint AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric ColorBlends® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Durasoft® 3 Optifit® Toric Colors Complements® FreshLook® Toric ColorBlends® contact lenses
Hydrocurve® II AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses

Hydrocurve® 3 Toric AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
Illusions® DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
O2OPTIX® Custom AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
SoftMate® B AIR OPTIX® AQUA contact lenses AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA contact lenses DAILIES® AQUACOMFORT PLUS® contact lenses
Torisoft® AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses DAILIES® Toric contact lenses
WildEyes® None

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 69 comments… read them below or add one }

shalonpalmer@ymail.com' Shalon September 26, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Help!!!! I feel the same as all of you!!!! I have been wearing Durasoft 3 opaque blue contacts for 24 years….I am 41 and have been wearing them since I was 17….
I looked 2 years ago to find an alternative non-extended wear….when these went MTO with my eye doctor in agreement that nothing else fit my eye or looked as good as these.
Now I am forced to find something else….what the heck…I am SOOOO upset. I was happy as a clam for 24 years….I paid near $400 for my last pair of MTO just to get them…..now I can’t even get them.

HELP any suggestions??
What color & brand have people found to replace these??

kim@swalter.com' Kim September 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hi Jodi, As I had posted on September 1st, I never tried the lenses you guys are all raving about and I wanted to try them, since they discontinued my favorite lenses – Natural Touch in Baby Blue. They were extended wear also and very expensive. I found this site and discovered that the Durasoft were discontinued too!!! I tried the different Freshlooks and they were terrible. I finally found Expressions and had to settle for them, but they are not the same as my Natural Touch lenses, also made by Coopervision. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that if you are going to try the Expressions, then the Blue is better than the Blue Topaz, but it does depend on your eye color. I am sooo upset over these companies not making all of our favorite lenses anymore and I will also leave a message on the Coopervision site. Please let me know if you find out anything at all and everyone else, please do the same.

kbs1009@aol.com' kim October 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi Jodi, I wanted to let you know that I have the Expressions Blue & they are the best I could find, but still not like my original Natural Touch Baby Blue lenses. I noted everything in a previous post on September 1st. I paid a lot of money for my Natural Touch extended wear lenses and Coopervision discontinued them, as well. I was searching for other options & found this site, only to discover that the Durasoft Colors were discontinued too. I was devastated. I tried the Freshlook in all colors and they are nothing like my original Natural Touch Baby Blues. I finally settled for the Expressions Blue and I think they are better than the Topaz Blue (which I tried too); but it does depend on your eye color. I will also leave a message on the Coopervision site. This is so disappointing for all of us and maybe they will do something about it, if we all keep annoying them! Please let me know if you or anyone else finds any information about the Durasoft Color lenses or any other possibilities and hopefully, we will all be able to find something that is actually comparable very soon. Fingers crossed and Good Luck to everyone :-)

go1dengir1@yahoo.com' desperado October 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Guys,
Should we start a petition or something? Like a Facebook page or somethingelse? We need these contacts. They not only come in desirable colors, but also are thin and comfortable, and there is no other company in this massive technology-foward country that makes them. They can do heart transplants fine, but cant make a pair of contacts. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!! We, the people affected, must fight for this. What can we do, pls brainstorm and share some ideas.

nsur90@cs.com' Donna October 16, 2011 at 10:06 am

I wore the Cibasoft Softcolors for over 20 yrs. and now they’re discontinued. I really liked the thinness and the colors Royal Blue and Aqua in BC 8.3 Dia 13.8. Now I can’t find anything in comparable colors and in the base curve or diamenter that I need. Does anyone know of anything? Thank you!

chelseastore@hotmail.com' Devon Cifarelli October 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Help…I have been wearing the blue illusions for many years, and in my opinion, they are the only ones that look real. All the others, you can see the pupil through. I have dark brown eyes….Any help would be great ! THANKS p.s. ciba illusions are discontinued :(

joao_vilhena@yahoo.com' Pete October 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Well, it sucks. I used Elegance blue – discontinued. I changed for Natural Colours Baby Blue- discontinued. I went for Illusions Soft Blue- discontinued. I used color contacts since a teen..so in my 30′s now, and being a model, all my portfolio are in jeopardy. This is not like any other product to be discontinued like this. People used it for medical reasons and as something that builds with their identity. It really sucks that you need to change the way you look for worst just because. I don’t know any lenses in the market that can even be as good as the ones I mentioned. And a lot of people think the same. The manufacturer should be sued for tampering with us. Any lawyer interested in the house? cannesp@yahoo.com

jodi.peyton@yahoo.com' JodiGirl October 31, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hey Ellen and Ivette…. I found this site…. don’t know if they will kick it back (discontinued)… but we’ll see….. contactlensemall.com ….. good luck.

d.colao@comcsat.net' Dan November 3, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I have worn the durasoft lenses for close to 20 yrs and nothing fits as well or provides the visual clarity that these lenses did. I am really surprised they shut down immediately and didn’t even provide customers the option of making one last order and stocking up. I am sure most people who find a lens they really like are inelastic to price and I can’t understand why this would not be a proftable line for them. They have a virtual monopoly on their client base. Maybe if more people complain then we can get them to change their mind. I encourage you to email their executive team directly.

angie_wellwish@yahoo.com' angie November 13, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I HATE that these contacts are no longer available! After much research I’ve found fxeyes dot com to be not only the closest replacement but ONLY FDA approved ones. They are EXPENSIVE but what are ya gonna do? Also I liked hidrocor-mel? from brazil but not FDA approved and I wear contacts all day to take a risk like that.

shaunahlove@gmail.com' Shaunah December 20, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I started a petition…hopefully Ciba Vision will look at it and realize that we want our contacts back!! Like my facebook page “bring back discontinued contact lenses” and sign the petition!! :) It’s worth a shot right?

Petition

Facebook Page

mmckinney0507@yahoo.com' MM February 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I hate the fact the manufacturer discontinued the best product they have. They state they have new technology, well durasoft is and was the only contact that fit my eye correctly and I have never had a problem with them. All the others I’ve tried are horrible, the colors don’t even enhance the eye good and do not look natural.
so now what?? HelP. I’m continuing on my search for a better product for months but no luck.

meylonnparker@yahoo.com' Meylonn April 30, 2012 at 11:58 am

I been wearing emerald green for 15 years and now that they discontinued i can’t find any other company that has those. I wish they will continue the color and my prescription.

fetadainc@yahoo.com' Jewel May 7, 2012 at 9:38 am

By the end of the week I may have some good news for you guys. I’m going to pick up my contacts that have come in after 8 weeks. The first waiting period was for 4 weeks. Needless to say they were not the correct lenses. The iris ring was missing.

My Doctor’s Office contact the the Rep and was told that another company purchased the patent for the Durasoft lenses. The order was placed and I’m excited about the end result.

I’ll keep you posted when I make it to pick up my new lenses.

diyengar81@yahoo.com' emeral green queen May 14, 2012 at 10:56 am

I want my emerald green d3 toric contacts back!!!!!! I have been searching for more than a year now, and I cant find anything that fits me well. The d3 provided much comfort for my eyes; i could wear them long hours and were the best lens ever!!! And not to mention, nothing compares to the color. WE WANT OUR CONTACTS BACK. PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! WE ARE READY TO MAKE A PURCHASE!!!!

BRING BACK EMERALD GREEN D3 TORIC!!!!!!!

bumann1@sbcglobal.net' Rossana Bumann January 9, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Freshlook Radiance EDEN

PLEASE! I need the freshlook Radiance EDEN .

rahamim75@hotmail.com' Debbie June 27, 2013 at 9:23 am

have there been any new contacts released? I am looking for colored contacts for a very bad rx. -7, -2, 175 and -6, -1.5, and 20

ransom1953@gmail.com' Richard Beman July 8, 2013 at 11:26 am

I am in such a “visual dilemma”. I wore CSI lenses for years and had
achieved very good vision with them. For “fun” I would wear the
“Natural touch” lenses and I was never self conscious wearing them
due to the fact they looked believable, the comfort was great and the
vision was good. I finally switched the the “Focus Monthly” and was
very happy with them. Now those have been discontinued. The “fresh-Look ” colors are not bad, but they give me a headache ( pupil size too small) and they feel gritty well before the two week replacement period. Despite all the “hype” Doctors have given me,
I have not found any lens that has given me decent vision or comfort. I don’t know what others have done, I presume this is why
the Lasik procedures have increased. This has opened up an entire field of expensive contact lens fitting, due to the failure of Lasik. I feel the only option is to use RGP gas permeable lenses and deal with reduced wearing time and wear eyeglasses more. Gone are the days when I could wake up, put my lenses in and go about my day. Now I am constantly aware that my vision is not great and find it irritating that companies have not been more compassionate toward patient issues.
Regards, Richard Ransom Beman

ddna201@hotmail.com' DD December 4, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I am sooooooooo upset!! SO PEOPLE WITH ASTIGMATISM CAN’T WEAR COLORED CONTACTS???? THIS IS SO ABSURD!!! Plain Jane with clear contacts???!! I wear yellow and green glasses for crying out loud, no plain glasses so why the heck am I going to wear clear contacts now?? So disappointed and livid!!!