Whether you like golf, tennis, biking, or softball, if you’re a serious athlete, contact lenses are usually the best option for sports. It may seem obvious why an athlete would choose contact lenses over glasses – but here are ten reasons why you should wear contact lenses while playing any sport.
1. There is no fogging with contacts.
2. Glasses can slide down your nose and face from sweat.
3. The frame and lens edges can get in the way and be distracting to your line of sight.
4. There is no side (peripheral) vision at all with glasses.
5. You can wear protective goggles if needed with contact lenses.
6. Contacts wont break if you fall down or happen to crash.
7. There is no pressure on the sides of your head when wearing helmets, like glasses can cause.
8. Contacts give you better depth perception and distance evaluation.
9. Some lenses have UV filters, cutting out harmful UVA and UVB rays when out in the sun.
10. Contact lenses can give you many choices for non-prescription sports eyewear.
So if you are heavily involved in sports or just enjoy light outdoor activities, contact lenses are an appropriate choice. Your eye care practitioner can help determine the best type of lenses based on your sport or activity.