Contact lens wearers should follow this simple check-list when planning to travel. Taking these extra measures can make your trip a success.
- Carry-on luggage may have up to 3 fluid ounces of eye drops, contact lens cleaners, and solutions. Larger bottles must be stored in your checked luggage.
- Always carry your lenses, contact lens case, and travel size solution in your carry-on luggage. You never know when you may need them in flight or worse, your luggage ends up lost and you’re stuck without contacts.
- Just to be safe, don’t forget your eyeglasses in case your contact lenses become bothersome for some reason while you’re away from home.
- Take your eye doctors contact and emergency contact information. If you ever have vision problems while you’re away, call your eye doctor immediately.
- Always bring an additional pair of contacts. Should your current pair rip or be lost, you’ll thank us for this tip!
- Bring a travel size bottle of rewetting drops. With dry cabin air, it may be necessary to use it in flight.
- Keep your stored solutions and cleaners in plastic bags to prevent leaking in your luggage or carry-on bags.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Last updated byat .