We’re three short weeks away from Thanksgiving and the start of the very busy holiday season. AC Lens would like to remind everyone to think ahead about your vision needs. Here are some reminders and tips to help keep costs down and eliminate some hassle during the busiest time of year.
- Make sure your prescription does not expire by December 31st. An expired prescription means you can’t order replacement contact lenses prior to holiday travel without visiting your eye doctor.
- If you’re prescription has expired, schedule your eye doctor appointment before the holidays start. December is such a busy month that getting your eyes checked now can save you a lot of time later.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to purchase contact lenses. Due to the nature of prescription verification and other issues, processing an order of contacts can take several days in some cases which could be too late for your holiday travel plans. Also, ordering late could mean additional overnight or express shipping charges.
- Those who plan to travel by plane should stock up on travel size bottles of contact lens solution, cleaners, and eye drops. Liquids are limited to 3 fl. oz. and anything over will be thrown away at security.
- Do you have a Flexible Spending Account? Don’t forget FSA dollars expire 12/31/08 and those funds can never be used again. Contact lenses and other products at AC Lens can be used with your FSA benefits so be sure to spend them before the end of the year.
We hope these tips help decrease your expenses and make this holiday season a bit more enjoyable.
Last updated byat .